NTNU and eDrilling team up to provide students with great training for real-world careers
We are pleased to annouce that we are teaming up with the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). Norway’s primary institution for educating the future engineers and scientists. Our drilling and well performance solutions will be implemented at NTNU for academic use. Specifically, students will now be able to gain valuable skills through use of a dynamic downhole simulator and a well planning solution based on the same models NTNU already uses in their curriculum.
“Through hands-on experience with current technologies, students develop skills that can help them be successful in the modern workforce,” said Sigbjørn Sangesland, Professor in Petroleum Engineering at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). “Our objective is to inspire the next generation of technology professionals and help prepare them for careers in drilling and well management.”
“eDrilling’s University Edition is great training for real-world careers ranging from petroleum engineering to well management, and drilling services,” adds Tor Olav Schibevaag, CEO of eDrilling. “In addition to being a great learning experience for student in itself, it should also broaden their marketability upon graduation.”
For more information, please contact:
Tor Olav Schibevaag, CEO, +47 915 99 307, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Team preparing for Tyttebaer exploration well using digital twin
- Ragnfrid North crew practicing using a digital-twin in preparation for drilling well 6406/2-9 S on the Norwegian Continental Shelf
- Statoil awards eDrilling 1-year contract extension for Automated Monitoring Software and Services
- Fireside Interview: On the benefits of platform, and the concept of a digital twin
- wellSim hiDRILL 3.0 is released
- Gazprom Neft Awards eDrilling Contract for Automated Monitoring and Real-time Optimization Software
- Experience first-hand: Drill your well in simulator
- Webinar: How to set up your "digital twin"
- eDrilling signs MOU agreement with Petrovietnam University
- Webinar: Digitalization of Drilling Operations