Joint offerings to reduce non-productive time, increase ROP, and improve safety
With the oil and gas industry looking to save cost, improve safety, and increase efficiency of operations, Maersk Training and eDrilling today announced a partnership aimed at assisting E&P companies, drilling contractors, and services companies worldwide make informed drilling decisions and enhance drilling efficiency.
Together Maersk Training and eDrilling will provide well specific drilling consultancy services, also called Real Time Decision Support. Services will range from drilling the well and testing new technology to verifying procedures. Experienced consultants from Maersk Training combined with eDrilling’s latest and most advanced drilling and engineering software for simulators will make it possible to test different scenarios on actual wells ahead of time in order to be prepared and more efficient during offshore operation.
“Now we are able to assist our customers ensuring sufficient competencies are present by assessing and training the rig crews on specific wells in advanced full scale simulators around the world, as well as practice procedural discipline in close to real life environment” remarks Claus Bihl, CEO of Maersk Training. Moreover, we plan to build on the success we had with our Real Time Decision Support services on Wintershall’s IMSA prospect in Norway, with an estimated 19 days saved, and provide this offering to new and existing customers.”
“If you do what you have always done, you get what you have always got,” adds Tor Olav Schibevaag, CEO of eDrilling. “The current times call for real change, and innovative solutions and services will help us get to a state of faster, safer, and more efficient drilling operations. Maersk Training is a proven and innovative leader in their industry, and is a perfect fit for us. And thus for our customers.”
- Team preparing for Tyttebaer exploration well using digital twin
- Ragnfrid North crew practicing using a digital-twin in preparation for drilling well 6406/2-9 S on the Norwegian Continental Shelf
- Statoil awards eDrilling 1-year contract extension for Automated Monitoring Software and Services
- Fireside Interview: On the benefits of platform, and the concept of a digital twin
- wellSim hiDRILL 3.0 is released
- Gazprom Neft Awards eDrilling Contract for Automated Monitoring and Real-time Optimization Software
- Experience first-hand: Drill your well in simulator
- Webinar: How to set up your "digital twin"
- eDrilling signs MOU agreement with Petrovietnam University
- Webinar: Digitalization of Drilling Operations