Rolv Rommetveit’s keynote speech at the SPE One Day Seminar in Bergen on the 20th of April argued the importance during the current times to invest in, develop and push for, smarter, novel solutions, both technically and related to work processes. Rolv investigated how the cost and risk elements need to be analysed and challenged in order to release the potential inherent in these solutions.
“For us as an industry to survive during these times we need to invest in, develop and push for, smarter, novel solutions, both technically and related to work processes. The cost and the risk elements need to be analysed and challenged in order to release the potential inherent in these solutions.
Our industry is conservative during booming times, and tends to do the operations the traditional way. There is a risk aversion regarding using and implementing new technology which has initial cost. Also if this technology can save much more than initial costs.
Today all stones need to be turned, and smarter solutions implemented. This will also create interesting new jobs and job content for drilling engineers”.
- Salcon Petroleum Services appointed as a preferred applications partner in Malaysia by eDrilling
- We are hiring - Software Engineers
- Fireside Interview: Putting-toe-in-first or Cannonball approach to digitalization?
- UIT Solutions and eDrilling embark on partnership to provide leading edge drilling and well performance solutions in Korea
- New VP, Product Management and Strategy
- New release: Automated Monitoring and Real-Time Optimization
- Webinar: Automated real time prediction of the ECD and drilling window ahead of bit
- Paper presented at SPE/IADC Drilling Conference and Exhibition 2017
- iEnergy Digital and eDrilling announce partnership to provide solutions for real time drilling excellence
- Webinar: Getting more value from your real time drilling support center/functions - Forecasting and What-IF