Rolv Rommetveit’s keynote speech at the SPE One Day Seminar in Bergen on the 20th of April argued the importance during the current times to invest in, develop and push for, smarter, novel solutions, both technically and related to work processes. Rolv investigated how the cost and risk elements need to be analysed and challenged in order to release the potential inherent in these solutions.
“For us as an industry to survive during these times we need to invest in, develop and push for, smarter, novel solutions, both technically and related to work processes. The cost and the risk elements need to be analysed and challenged in order to release the potential inherent in these solutions.
Our industry is conservative during booming times, and tends to do the operations the traditional way. There is a risk aversion regarding using and implementing new technology which has initial cost. Also if this technology can save much more than initial costs.
Today all stones need to be turned, and smarter solutions implemented. This will also create interesting new jobs and job content for drilling engineers”.
- Webinar: Pre-drill your well to ensure hazard and NPT free, and optimized, drilling operations
- Using digital twin to prepare for total loss risk scenarios
- Webinar: Upgrade your well design and engineering software without having to replace it
- With launch of Diagnostics 3.0, the world’s leading automated monitoring and real time optimization software just got (even) better
- eDrilling presents the benefits of digital twins at ONS2018
- Team preparing for Tyttebaer exploration well using digital twin
- Ragnfrid North crew practicing using a digital-twin in preparation for drilling well 6406/2-9 S on the Norwegian Continental Shelf
- Statoil awards eDrilling 1-year contract extension for Automated Monitoring Software and Services
- Fireside Interview: On the benefits of platform, and the concept of a digital twin
- wellSim hiDRILL 3.0 is released