Rolv Rommetveit’s keynote speech at the SPE One Day Seminar in Bergen on the 20th of April argued the importance during the current times to invest in, develop and push for, smarter, novel solutions, both technically and related to work processes. Rolv investigated how the cost and risk elements need to be analysed and challenged in order to release the potential inherent in these solutions.
“For us as an industry to survive during these times we need to invest in, develop and push for, smarter, novel solutions, both technically and related to work processes. The cost and the risk elements need to be analysed and challenged in order to release the potential inherent in these solutions.
Our industry is conservative during booming times, and tends to do the operations the traditional way. There is a risk aversion regarding using and implementing new technology which has initial cost. Also if this technology can save much more than initial costs.
Today all stones need to be turned, and smarter solutions implemented. This will also create interesting new jobs and job content for drilling engineers”.
- New release: Automated Monitoring and Real-Time Optimization
- Webinar: Automated real time prediction of the ECD and drilling window ahead of bit
- Paper presented at SPE/IADC Drilling Conference and Exhibition 2017
- iEnergy Digital and eDrilling announce partnership to provide solutions for real time drilling excellence
- Webinar: Getting more value from your real time drilling support center/functions - Forecasting and What-IF
- New releases of wellBalance and wellPlanner
- Wintershall and partners prepare for Maria drilling program
- wellSim hiDRILL at SOCAR's Education Training and Certification Department
- January 11 webinar on roadmap - towards drilling the perfect well
- R-CADE webinar on well planning and operational decision making