Maersk Training has signed a global framework agreement with Statoil to provide drilling simulation training for the next three years with an option to extend for additional two years.
Statoil has identified a need for advanced drilling simulation training and theory courses in order to reduce time used for training offshore and increase safety, operational understanding and efficiency. The courses are aimed at improving communication within and between teams, and providing the opportunity to practice difficult operations in a safe environment without impacting live operation.
eDrilling will together with Maersk Training and Oiltec Solutions leverage a portfolio of well-specific cases and events to challenge and develop Statoil employees through realistic simulator programs. There will be a strong focus on best practice for team training and procedural discipline. This will assist the drilling and well teams detect issues earlier and be able to react to, or potentially recover from, critical events in the safest and most efficient way. We will deliver modular downhole models being the technical background for fulfilling the agreement and Oiltec Solutions will provide the advanced hiDRILL simulator.
Training will primarily take place in Stavanger, Norway, but Maersk Training facilities in Aberdeen, Houston, Rio de Janeiro and Dubai are also setup to accommodate the needs of Statoil.
- Statoil awards eDrilling 1-year contract extension for Automated Monitoring Software and Services
- Fireside Interview: On the benefits of platform, and the concept of a digital twin
- wellSim hiDRILL 3.0 is released
- Gazprom Neft Awards eDrilling Contract for Automated Monitoring and Real-time Optimization Software
- Experience first-hand: Drill your well in simulator
- Webinar: How to set up your "digital twin"
- eDrilling signs MOU agreement with Petrovietnam University
- Webinar: Digitalization of Drilling Operations
- eDrilling appoints Aoheds as regional Well Planning and Well Control Systems Integrator in China
- Salcon Petroleum Services appointed as a preferred applications partner in Malaysia by eDrilling