Maersk Training has signed a global framework agreement with Statoil to provide drilling simulation training for the next three years with an option to extend for additional two years.
Statoil has identified a need for advanced drilling simulation training and theory courses in order to reduce time used for training offshore and increase safety, operational understanding and efficiency. The courses are aimed at improving communication within and between teams, and providing the opportunity to practice difficult operations in a safe environment without impacting live operation.
eDrilling will together with Maersk Training and Oiltec Solutions leverage a portfolio of well-specific cases and events to challenge and develop Statoil employees through realistic simulator programs. There will be a strong focus on best practice for team training and procedural discipline. This will assist the drilling and well teams detect issues earlier and be able to react to, or potentially recover from, critical events in the safest and most efficient way. We will deliver modular downhole models being the technical background for fulfilling the agreement and Oiltec Solutions will provide the advanced hiDRILL simulator.
Training will primarily take place in Stavanger, Norway, but Maersk Training facilities in Aberdeen, Houston, Rio de Janeiro and Dubai are also setup to accommodate the needs of Statoil.
- New release: Automated Monitoring and Real-Time Optimization
- Webinar: Automated real time prediction of the ECD and drilling window ahead of bit
- Paper presented at SPE/IADC Drilling Conference and Exhibition 2017
- iEnergy Digital and eDrilling announce partnership to provide solutions for real time drilling excellence
- Webinar: Getting more value from your real time drilling support center/functions - Forecasting and What-IF
- New releases of wellBalance and wellPlanner
- Wintershall and partners prepare for Maria drilling program
- wellSim hiDRILL at SOCAR's Education Training and Certification Department
- January 11 webinar on roadmap - towards drilling the perfect well
- R-CADE webinar on well planning and operational decision making