Crews from Odfjell and Halliburton joined Wintershall in preparing for drilling on the Maria field on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. With “establishing best HSE and efficiency culture” as the theme throughout the training, Wintershall focused on preparing for Maria specific challenges and uniqueness.
The crews are drilling the 17 ½”, 12 ¼” and 8 ½” sections in simulator. Hole cleaning with high ROP and associated challenges, and Well Control are the key areas for the training scenarios
Investments in the Maria development are estimated at around 15.3 billion NOK (100%), including development drilling. Recoverable reserves on the field are estimated around 180 million barrels of oil equivalent (boe), of which the majority is oil. The planned production startup for Maria is end 2018, and the estimated production period is 23 years.
The Maria field is located approximately 20 kilometres east of the Kristin field and about 45 kilometres south of the Heidrun field in the Halten Terrace in the Norwegian Sea. Wintershall Norge is the operator of the license with a 50% share. Petoro has a 30% share and Centrica Resources (Norge) owns the remaining 20%.
Wintershall Holding GmbH, based in Kassel, Germany, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BASF in Ludwigshafen. The company has been active in the extraction of natural resources for 120 years, and in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas for over 80 years. Wintershall focuses on selected core regions where the company has built up a high level of regional and technological expertise. These are Europe, Russia, North Africa, South America, and increasingly the Middle East region. The company wants to expand its business further with exploration and production, selected partnerships, innovation and technological competence. Wintershall employs some 2,500 staff worldwide from 40 nations and is now Germany’s largest, internationally active crude oil and natural gas producer.
- Statoil awards eDrilling 1-year contract extension for Automated Monitoring Software and Services
- Fireside Interview: On the benefits of platform, and the concept of a digital twin
- wellSim hiDRILL 3.0 is released
- Gazprom Neft Awards eDrilling Contract for Automated Monitoring and Real-time Optimization Software
- Experience first-hand: Drill your well in simulator
- Webinar: How to set up your "digital twin"
- eDrilling signs MOU agreement with Petrovietnam University
- Webinar: Digitalization of Drilling Operations
- eDrilling appoints Aoheds as regional Well Planning and Well Control Systems Integrator in China
- Salcon Petroleum Services appointed as a preferred applications partner in Malaysia by eDrilling