eDrilling and Petrovietnam University, the special public University with the mission to carry out high-quality research and training for the development of human resources of Vietnam National Oil and Gas Group (Petrovietnam), has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for a long-term engagement to drive the digitalization of drilling operations in Vietnam.
eDrilling will provide their suite of software solutions, ranging from planning, through training, real time operations, analysis, to learning.
“Due to current shortages of skilled designers and engineers, particularly in the oil, gas and power industries, PVU desires to improve the knowledge and technical skill of its lecturers and students by adding drill well in simulator software solutions to our arsenal,” said Dr. Phan Minh Quoc Binh, Rector, PVU. “This to help energy professionals at E&P companies, operators, and service companies save cost, improve safety, and increase efficiency of drilling operations,”
“We have a long history of working with academic institutions worldwide”, said Derek Nadhan, Manager Technical Services, APAC. “Digitalization is more than just digitizing drilling operations, it is as much about building digital-ready organizations and capabilities.”
About Petrovietnam University
Established in 2010, PVU is a special public university invested by Petrovietnam. PVU’s mission is to train high quality human resources, connect training with scientific research and business for the development of Vietnam’s oil and gas industry. More information on http://www.pvu.edu.vn/en
- Webinar: Pre-drill your well to ensure hazard and NPT free, and optimized, drilling operations
- Using digital twin to prepare for total loss risk scenarios
- Webinar: Upgrade your well design and engineering software without having to replace it
- With launch of Diagnostics 3.0, the world’s leading automated monitoring and real time optimization software just got (even) better
- eDrilling presents the benefits of digital twins at ONS2018
- Team preparing for Tyttebaer exploration well using digital twin
- Ragnfrid North crew practicing using a digital-twin in preparation for drilling well 6406/2-9 S on the Norwegian Continental Shelf
- Statoil awards eDrilling 1-year contract extension for Automated Monitoring Software and Services
- Fireside Interview: On the benefits of platform, and the concept of a digital twin
- wellSim hiDRILL 3.0 is released