Statoil awards eDrilling 1-year contract extension for Automated Monitoring Software and Services. eDrilling will continue to provide Statoil our Automated Monitoring system to monitor downhole conditions during drilling/casing operations, provide early detection of symptoms of downhole deterioration, and help to improve drilling/casing performance based on downhole conditions.
Statoil is a Norwegian-based energy company with operations in more than 30 countries. Since 1972 they have explored, developed and produced oil and gas on the Norwegian continental shelf, where they are a leading operator. From the early nineties Statoil have built a global business, with strongholds in Europe, Africa, North America and Brazil.
Statoil is a world leader in the E&P space when it comes to digitalization in helping improve safety, security, and efficiency of operations. They have launched a roadmap with seven specific programmes for digitalization towards 2020, where next generation well delivery is one of them. This program includes enhancing utilisation of well and subsurface data for planning, real-time analytics and increased automation.. Towards 2020 Statoil expects to invest NOK 1-2 billion in new digital technologies, accelerating the digital roadmap work.
Says Tore Weltzin, Statoil Leader Drilling Technology: ‘’Statoil strongly believe software that translate data into information is an important part of the drilling future. What we have seen so far is promising and the potential in the future is huge’’
- Webinar: Pre-drill your well to ensure hazard and NPT free, and optimized, drilling operations
- Using digital twin to prepare for total loss risk scenarios
- Webinar: Upgrade your well design and engineering software without having to replace it
- With launch of Diagnostics 3.0, the world’s leading automated monitoring and real time optimization software just got (even) better
- eDrilling presents the benefits of digital twins at ONS2018
- Team preparing for Tyttebaer exploration well using digital twin
- Ragnfrid North crew practicing using a digital-twin in preparation for drilling well 6406/2-9 S on the Norwegian Continental Shelf
- Statoil awards eDrilling 1-year contract extension for Automated Monitoring Software and Services
- Fireside Interview: On the benefits of platform, and the concept of a digital twin
- wellSim hiDRILL 3.0 is released