The Ragnfrid North crew are currently preparing for an exploration well in high-pressure, high-temperature formations on the Norwegian Continental Shelf, by drilling their upcoming well in simulator using a digital twin.
The actual drilling of the well will be performed by semi-submersible rig West Phoenix. Ragnfrid North is located in PL199, around 20 kilometres south of the Kristin field in the Norwegian Sea. Statoil owns 52% stake in the Ragnfrid North license and is partnered by Petoro (27%), ExxonMobil (15%) and Total (6%).
The crew are using wəllSim hiDRILL for pre-drilling well 6406/2-9 S, focusing on high-risk sections and likely scenarios, with the objective to avoid hazards and improve drilling performance.
wəllSim hiDRILL provides safe, effective, and efficient well delivery for any planned well by giving crew skills and experience on the specific well.
A Digital Twin is the digital representation of your actual well. Used in preparation it enables you to pre-drill your well. Used in real-time operation enables you to do forward simulations and what-if simulations to detect mismatch and give input to change the drilling plan – to avoid problems, see and detect operational mismatches, and change parameters for optimal drilling (drilling the perfect well).
- Webinar: Pre-drill your well to ensure hazard and NPT free, and optimized, drilling operations
- Using digital twin to prepare for total loss risk scenarios
- Webinar: Upgrade your well design and engineering software without having to replace it
- With launch of Diagnostics 3.0, the world’s leading automated monitoring and real time optimization software just got (even) better
- eDrilling presents the benefits of digital twins at ONS2018
- Team preparing for Tyttebaer exploration well using digital twin
- Ragnfrid North crew practicing using a digital-twin in preparation for drilling well 6406/2-9 S on the Norwegian Continental Shelf
- Statoil awards eDrilling 1-year contract extension for Automated Monitoring Software and Services
- Fireside Interview: On the benefits of platform, and the concept of a digital twin
- wellSim hiDRILL 3.0 is released