We are proud to announce the launch of Diagnostics 3.0, a new and expanded version of our diagnostics module. Using our digital twin, it is available as an integral part of our automated monitoring and real time optimization solution – wellAhead. The new version delivers new diagnostics, improved notifications, as well as allowing customer to choose between diagnostics, first action(s), and/or symptoms as their alert(s) of choice.
Using a digital twin in drilling operations provides you with the tools to prevent hazards, avoid NPT, and optimize drilling performance.
The software detects anomalies at a very early stage, and provide crews with diagnostics messages and notifications in good time to make the necessary adjustments.
It’s forward- and what-if simulations capabilities allows you to change parameters for optimal drilling.
Recent study found that where eDrilling’s digital twin technologies was used in i) preparations for well, ii) automated monitoring of well, and iii) real-time optimization of well – or a combination of these – and found that these wells had no hazardous incidents and no sidetracks.
We analysed 60+ wells were our technologies had been actively utilised in preparation and/or operation, and where we had correct and sufficient data to conclude on the hypothesis. Thus, 40+ of our digital twins in the period were omitted, due to availability (contractual, geographical, policy) of data.
Sidetracks, or avoidance thereof, was the focal area of the study, although the study also found that there had been 0 hazardous incidents on the 60+ wells analysed. «Geological surprises» as reason for having to do a sidetrack were omitted. Cuttings build up, collapse, washout, and packoff leading to plugging the well, were included.
We have had 5000+ participants in drill well in simulator prior to operations, with 150+ well specific scenarios. Automated Monitoring and Real time Optimisation is used in all drilling operations. This includes Tripping, Drilling, Casing/Liner operations and Cementing. It is also used in advanced operations like MPD and DGD.
- Webinar: Pre-drill your well to ensure hazard and NPT free, and optimized, drilling operations
- Using digital twin to prepare for total loss risk scenarios
- Webinar: Upgrade your well design and engineering software without having to replace it
- With launch of Diagnostics 3.0, the world’s leading automated monitoring and real time optimization software just got (even) better
- eDrilling presents the benefits of digital twins at ONS2018
- Team preparing for Tyttebaer exploration well using digital twin
- Ragnfrid North crew practicing using a digital-twin in preparation for drilling well 6406/2-9 S on the Norwegian Continental Shelf
- Statoil awards eDrilling 1-year contract extension for Automated Monitoring Software and Services
- Fireside Interview: On the benefits of platform, and the concept of a digital twin
- wellSim hiDRILL 3.0 is released